Eggless Pineapple Tarts Recipe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggless Pineapple Tarts Recipe

With Chinese New Year currently coming, to those having food allergies..

Here's a recipe of eggless pineapple tarts!

Ingredients used:

3 portions of pineapple filling about 400 grams
    350g plain / all-purpose flour
    50g icing sugar
    300g unsalted butter
    1 tsp vanilla essence

Instructions:
    1. Mix the flour and butter well. It might be better to cut butter, which is usually cold, into smaller cubes when adding to flour mixture.
    2. Add vanilla essence into the mixture and make a dough.
    3. Wrap and chill the dough in the refrigerator for an hour to firm it up.
    4. Line a baking tray with grease-proof paper or spray with non-stick spray.
    5. Divide dough into two portions. Keep one portion chilled. Roll the other portion (on a floured surface) to a thickness of about 7mm. Dip a cookie cutter in flour and cut out shapes. Use a scraper to lift the shapes and place on the tray.
    6. Preheat oven to 190 C
    7. Bake for 12 mins. Allow tarts to cool completely on a wire rack before storing in an airtight container and savouring!
    Post your suggestions as to how to improve this recipe below:

Was just wondering since there is the lack of eggs being used

Do the pineapple tarts come out soft?

How long can they stay being firm, without falling apart?

Also, what's the reason behind chilling the dough in the fridge?

Comment

Hello, offering my two cents worth:

Pineapple tarts will most likely come out soft - vanilla essence is the substitute in this case for eggs.

You can also try adding vannillin which comes in powder form as compared to vanilla essence- easier to mix. Can be found in local stores like Bake King (http://www.bakeking.com.sg/products/...anillin-powder)

Wondering about the dough part as well..

Comment

The part where the dough is placed in the fridge is to allow it to firm up which I see in some recipes.

However, from experience, I find that once the dough gets soft, it will still become sticky and difficult to roll, so not sure how the chilling part works in firming the dough..

To alleviate this problem, be sure to make sure that your dough has the right ratio of flour and whatever solvent you're using.. If it's too sticky, dust some flour on the board..

Comment

You can check out this professionally-made video on YouTube - mango & pineapple tarts. There are nuts inside though they can be replaced by pecans.

Comment

Check out my Raw Vegan Pineapple Tarts recipe.

Comment

Working...
            X